Eve Hinson is an Autistic activist, speaker, writer and artist. Also the founder of AmericanBadassAdvocates.org
She launched the site in April 2016 after an incredibly successful protest, #TheReal5150 campaign, against institutionalized stigma promoted in grocery stores by an energy drink.
Today she focuses on sharing her lived-experience with PTSD and Functional Neurological Disorder to law enforcement, first responders, and students. Eve has been trained by Each Mind Matters and NAMI on advocacy and how to help break the stigma of living with a severe mental illness.
Eve is a medicinal cannabis patient and advocate too.
In her previous life, she participated in the wave of technology that changed the world and loved it. It all began at fresnobee.com in 1996.
Contact | firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch Eve’s Badass Activism . . .
“I’m the real 5150 and I’m telling you this is stigma. We don’t live the madness by choice and to say that it’s a choice is false.” – Eve Hinson
>> On The Mighty: Energy Drink 51Fifty Under Fire for Stigmatizing Mental Illness
>> On the News:
>> In the Papers:
- The Fresno Bee: Save Mart drops 51FIFTY energy drink; name is offensive, mental health advocates say
- National Syndication: Above story hit McClatchy National Syndication and was read fucking everywhere. Badass!
- The Modesto Bee: 51Fifty drink name controversy burning up lots of energy
- The Fresno Bee: 51FIFTY energy drink debate takes unusual turn
>> In Person: Eve is a community speaker to break the stigma of living (Each Mind Matters & NAMI trained) with PTSD and Functional Neurlogical Disorder. During talks she includes her experiences being Autistic, the Autistic & Neurodiversity Civil Rights Movement, living with severe mental illness and being considered “a 5150.”
Catch Eve on YouTube
Each Mind Matters: Eve Shares Her Story 2014
Peer-perspective Cannabis Reviews
SnapChat Diaries of the Neurodiverse
View Eve’s blog | Badass the OG
- #PeersAtTheTable | Anon Letter by Previously Homeless Blue Sky Member
- NAMI National Board Applicant: First Thoughts . . .WTF?
- From Fresno NAMIWalks 2017…
- Call-to-Action | Fresno County Put Peers At The Table #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
- Adults with Autism: Living neurodiverse in a neurotypical world | by Lilia Luciano, ABC 10 Sacramento
- Adults with Autism: Living neurodiverse in a neurotypical world (ABC 10 Sacramento @ 11 pm tonight) | Preview Spot
- Badass Against Stigma | “Unhinged” Inappropriate Language for Politician Statement